The television is a useful tool that offers you entertainment and can keep you updated on what is happening around the world. Though the TV has improved by leaps and bounds during the past decade or so, the possibility of breakdown is still there even if you buy the most advanced TV set. Therefore, it is useful to know when your TV is sick and when to call a repair technician. Though some of the problems involved with it look like complicated ones, TV repair specialists can fix them in most cases.
In order to get the most out of your TV, it is necessary for you to have some knowledge on it and you need to draw your attention on three facets.
• The first thing is to know the common problems that occur in TVs.
• The next thing is to know is if you can troubleshoot these problems.
• Finally, you need to know when calling a repair technician is necessary.
Common problems you need to know about TVs
Since most TV sets these days are LCD TVs, it is good to have a look at some of the common problems that arise with their usage:
• There could be certain areas of your TV screen where discoloration has occurred. Also, there may be some areas where it is darker. In such an occasion the best thing you could do is to adjust the contrast of your TV to the right level. The problem may disappear once and for all.
• The last image staying for a long time even after switching the TV off is another common problem associated with LCD TVs. This can be noticed easily if the last image was a static one. This happens when you use your pause button too often. Switching off the power supply of the TV will solve this issue which is also called ‘burned images’.
• If you have a HD TV and you feel that the picture quality is fuzzy then you should not ignore this. When this happens you only need to look at all the connections of your TV and wait for the problem to disappear. If this doesn’t happen the next step is to call your cable provider and ask if your problem has something to do with that end. In case these remedies don’t work, it is time to call a repair technician.
• Your LCD TV has a protective screen in front of its LCD layer. Therefore, if you find a minor crack on your TV it is not necessary to be alarmed. What you can do in this regard is to use little petroleum jelly and see if the problem has been sorted out or not. However, if the screen is cracked badly, it might be necessary for you to replace it. In order to do so, it is a must for you to know that the LCD panel has not got damaged. Only a qualified TV technician could do this evaluation.
When should you take your TV to the repair shop?
Though the possibility is there for you to manage small repairs on your own, there is hardly anything you can do in case a major problem occurs. If your TV screen is broken there is no way for you to do the repair yourself. You will be required to take it to the repair shop in this case. However, if your TV set is a fairly old one, it is wiser to send it for recycling and buy a new one. You can buy one with more facilities when you do so.
There are times when there is no picture on your TV but you can hear the sounds. This means that there is something wrong with connections. There are some TVs that show on-screen displays even when the connections are not proper. In such situations, it is a must for you to look for professional help and get the problem sorted out. In case you see the wrong colors at wrong places, your TV has a serious problem. Normally, the colors you will see are yellow, magenta or cyan. However, a poor connection can also bring about the same result. If that is the case, when connections are checked and corrected the problem should disappear. If not, it is necessary for you to take the set to the repair shop.
Prevention of problems with TVs
It is well known that dust and humidity are the biggest enemies of electronic equipment. Your TV is no exception in this case. Therefore, it is necessary to protect your TV from these two elements. Under any circumstances must you never clean your TV using water. Also, it is necessary to keep the environs of the TV dust free. When you take these precautions, it will not be a difficult task to get the most out of your TV. It will also serve you for a long time!